Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Line Etiquette

So as D discovered during our recent trip to the Water Park  when I get in a line with other people - I get a little aggressive if they are not moving forward when able and generally standing there like zombies slowing the rest of us down. 

Well I ran to Walmart at lunch to get some items I forgot last night (didn't make a list and that always bites me in the butt) and I got into the shortest checkout lane and ran into HER again.  This is the second or third time I've run into her at the checkout at Walmart.  I have no idea who she is but I do know she has NO IDEA how checkout is supposed to work.  Her sins:
1.  She gets a cart for only one or two SMALL items;
2.  she gets into checkout line and won't put them up on the belt;
3.  She stands at the end of the belt and WAITS until the person ahead of her is COMPLETELY done and rung up and walking away.  THEN she puts her measly amount of items on the belt even if there is a separator available.  AND she's kept the rest of us from being able to put OUR things on the belt as well;
4.  she won't vacate the checkout area until she's wished everyone and their mother a good day - gathered up her items - fluffed her hair - put away her wallet - rewritten the Constitution AND cured cancer;
5.  AND she gives me a dirty look when I nudge her with my cart and reach over her to grab a separator and start loading the belt with my things. 

So basically I decided today that if I run into her again and she's doing this again - I'm going to take the time to as politely as I can explain to her the basics of checkout etiquette and how it works so that she can avoid a horrible fate.  Namely pushing me past my ability to maintain calm and patience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment